Rest in Peace, CP!!

Can I please have a moment of everyone’s attention.

Today is a sad day for everyone in Saizen, as our friend and fellow fansubber CP passed away. CP had been struggling with bladder cancer since March this year. In August he got worse, and unfortunately isn’t with us anymore as of today.

I think everyone who had the opportunity to work with CP can agree that he was a person who always did his best to help out any way he could. Without CP there likely wouldn’t be any Miyuki, nor Yawara, having payed for all the DVDs and BDs, as well as helping out in the fansub process. Not only on these couple of series, however, but pretty much across all projects in Saizen, Live-Evil, and Orphan.

I didn’t know “CP” in person, but from my experience, having hung out with him on IRC for a few years, I could tell he was a really nice person, and always appeared to me as happy and optimistic. At least he got to make his trip to Japan last year that he really looked forward to.

CP will truly be missed. I wish I had something more to write, but I’ll just end by saying that both CP and his family will be in our thoughts. πŸ™

Rest in peace, CP!

40 Responses to “Rest in Peace, CP!!”

1. September 9th, 2015 at 10:59 pm

avatar zegond says:

Oh no. This news broke my heart so bad…

CP you were always such a nice and positive guy who’d cheer everyone up. You were so reliable and serious about work that was inspiring.
    Thank you for being there for us and for fansub world.

Rest in peace dear friend.

2. September 9th, 2015 at 11:52 pm

avatar Kuroiryuu says:

Jimi Hendrix once said: β€œI’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.”

CP sure did live his life the way he wanted to. He soaked in as much anime as humanly possible. Anybody who knew him knew he loved the stuff. An addiction he couldn’t and didn’t wanna break.
    I’ve struggled to find the words to say about this great mentor of mine. I still don’t have them and don’t think I ever will. So I’m going to leave one last quote that I think sums up about how we all feel:

β€œIf you gave someone your heart and they died, did they take it with them? Did you spend the rest of forever with a hole inside you that couldn’t be filled?”

CP, you have left a hole inside of all of us that’ll never be filled. Have fun in Valhalla, buddy. I’m sure you’re completing all the anime now. To honor you, I’m gonna take your spot on Charady. No matter how many years it takes, we’ll finish it for you.

3. September 10th, 2015 at 1:54 am

avatar kokujin-kun says:

Jesus God, let this be a bad joke.

Makes me wish I worked harder on his projects if this is how things will happen…

4. September 10th, 2015 at 6:41 am

avatar Mamo-chan says:

CP, you were larger than life itself. You always had a positive attitude right to the end! IRC will never be the same without you πŸ™

5. September 10th, 2015 at 10:38 am

This is the worst news ever. CP was very humble, kind, thoughful and respectful of others. And even with the news of cancer, he remained cheerful. I really did my best to help finish his projects, but unfortunately they were not. And I feel ashamed of that. I now hope there is a heaven and that CP will be able to rest in peace there, and that I will be allowed to pay my respects in his funeral.

CP, if your spirit lives, may you live in eternal peace.

6. September 11th, 2015 at 5:49 pm

avatar franco says:

My condolences : these types of cancer are really bastards .
    Don’t give up guys !

7. September 14th, 2015 at 8:53 am

avatar Bobby says:

Rest in peace CP!

8. September 15th, 2015 at 4:18 pm

avatar A.Dark.Existence says:

This is really sad news! CP, we will miss you. πŸ™

9. September 15th, 2015 at 10:36 pm

avatar Kain says:

It’s amazing the amount of impact he had in so many fansub groups. Even if some of us never spoke with him personally his dedication to bring so many underrated shows that would never see that light in West is truly astounding. A lot of fans enjoy those fansubs but rarely pay attention to the amount of work, effort, and dedication put behind them by the group’s staff.

CP will still be remembered by not only those who worked besides him but by those who enjoyed the fruits of his labor.

I just want to say thank you CP and I hope you are finally getting some rest after such painful battle.

10. September 16th, 2015 at 8:16 am

avatar tenkenX6 says:

@Kain: Yeah, one wouldn’t truly know how much time and effort actually goes into fansubbing, unless you actually get involved with the process yourself. I’ve worked with many subbers, well-known and not so well-known, in all my years of fansubbing. I can honestly say CP was one of, if not, the most hard working, reliable, and passionate subbers I have ever got to know and work with. I know I’m not the only subber who can attest to this. This goes to show you how truly great of a subber and person CP was. He will be sorely missed, but not forgotten, in the years to come. His legacy will continue to inspire and (re)motivate subbers for years to come.

11. September 16th, 2015 at 2:26 pm

avatar Gonzo says:

I have no words.

Rest in Peace, CP! And thank you for all your hard work on anime, you’re a bro.

12. December 6th, 2015 at 10:06 pm

avatar Korokun says:

RIP CP!

13. August 9th, 2016 at 5:45 pm

avatar tenkenX6 says:

Next month will be the one year anniversary of the unexpected, tragic passing of our dear friend, CP. I was thinking some kind of special release or something would be great to honor his memory. Maybe a new release of Charady’s Daily Joke or some other project he was fond of and/or a big part of? I would definitely be willing to help out with this in any way that I can. It would be a great honor. So let me know, guys, if you think this is a good idea and want me to help out. Thanks. πŸ™‚

14. August 14th, 2016 at 10:02 am

I second this idea, tenken.

15. February 4th, 2018 at 4:44 pm

avatar tenkenX6 says:

September 8th of this year will mark the 3rd anniversary of our beloved friend and fansubbing comrade, CP. Man, time sure does fly. Probably around mach 5 or something. And just like the previous two years, I’m sure there will be some sort of tribute release on that day. I personally plan to be a part of that, in one way or another.