FOOL: Tanoshii Mumin Ikka – 01

Moomin
Hello, loyal Saizeneers! We have a new project for you, inspired by Firechick’s proposal on our Projects page. There’s not a single member of the group who didn’t love Moomin as a kid, so it was a no-brainer for us to spread the love to our loyal fans. Work has already begun on the rest of the series and its sequel series (and tie-in movie) so expect (78+26) x 25/60 = 43.3 (recurring) hours of goodness coming your way in the near future!

And yes, we did just April Fool everyone in the comments 😀

CCCP icon[Saizen]_Tanoshii_Muumin_Ikka_-_01[0F78603C].mkv
MD5: 015BE8b4FO458C64F706CC58D552BF

15 Responses to “FOOL: Tanoshii Mumin Ikka – 01”

1. April 1st, 2014 at 11:07 am

avatar Johnny says:

It seems it isn’t an April’s Fool… :p

2. April 1st, 2014 at 11:08 am

If this is an April’s Fool I’ll cry irl, just saying.

3. April 1st, 2014 at 3:12 pm

avatar Tony says:

I’ve been trying to convince someone to fansub 楽しいムーミン一家 for years. If you’re serious about doing this, could you please consider starting at episode 20 or so, and providing links to torrents for the fansubs done by Saikou no COOL for episodes 1 to 19?

What keeps happening is that groups fansub the first ten or twenty episodes, and then stop, so the later episodes never get fansubbed. (As I’m sure you know, the original run was 78 episodes, and there were 26 additional episodes under the name 楽しいムーミン一家 冒険日記.)

The Saikou no COOL group spells the name of the seriesin roomaji as “Tanoshii Moomin Ikka”.

4. April 1st, 2014 at 3:23 pm

avatar Tony says:

I just downloaded the file. I’m disappointed that the audio and opening song are in English (the Japanese version has different video as well as a different song), and I find the scrolling subtitles uncomfortable to read. Perhaps this was an April Fool’s Day joke after all.

5. April 1st, 2014 at 4:30 pm

avatar Johnny says:

I told myself… :p

6. April 1st, 2014 at 5:10 pm

avatar Klonoa7H says:

TROLL LOLOLOLOLOLOHOHOHOHOHO!

7. April 1st, 2014 at 7:45 pm

avatar olaf says:

OMG HOW AWESOME??? I LOVE THE SERIE! Sadly no fansubber finished the series, it would be better if you could start subbing where the dubbed episodes ended.

I sure hope this is no April fool, I would cray 🙁

Moomins deserve a quality fansub like Saizen! 🙂

8. April 1st, 2014 at 7:46 pm

avatar olaf says:

wtf, just saw the episodes, seems to be a joke after all! :-((

please sub this series for real, i beg you!

9. April 1st, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I’m literally crying, good job

10. April 2nd, 2014 at 9:00 pm

avatar krs says:

@12:45 – Uh-oh… I know, I know! Goku got his cloud from his master, Kame Sennin. The real question is: how did Kame Sennin got his hands on the cloud? Did he stole or cheated the cloud(s) from Moomins?

Other than that, awesome prank. Thank you.

11. April 4th, 2014 at 5:12 pm

avatar Predelnik says:

I actually re-reading novels right now, and obiously would very much like to see this subbed, so it’s another April’s fool with tears in the eyes :'(

12. April 4th, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Btw, Tony, Muumin is the correct spelling technically, because that’s what Tove Jansson wrote it as in her Swede-Finnish books. The only reason Moomin exists as a word at all is because a double-u looks odd in most languages like English, so the word was adapted to local tastes.

Hope that helps answer that one.

13. August 30th, 2014 at 3:16 am

avatar butsuri says:

Jansson wrote “Mumin” with a single “u”, in Swedish. It’s only a double-u in the Finnish “Muumi”.

14. August 31st, 2014 at 3:57 pm