The Kabocha Wine dropped

This probably doesn’t come as a big surprise to those of you who’ve been waiting for ep7 since September, but this joint is dropped as AKF unfortunately no longer has time to translate. If you happen to know Japanese and want to revive this, feel free to drop me a line here or on Rizon and we may be able to get things going again. Until then though, this project is positively dead.

18 Responses to “The Kabocha Wine dropped”

1. May 9th, 2011 at 4:28 pm

avatar ZZZ says:

just a question “suppose if a fan was willing to pay for translation would you consider hiring one and getting this or any other stalled show (say slam dunk) up and running?”

2. May 9th, 2011 at 5:22 pm

avatar Scab says:

It would be up to each individual project leader/group, but I don’t see why not. I’d certainly consider it for Kabocha.

3. May 9th, 2011 at 7:18 pm

avatar ZZZ says:

so what would be the cost for translation per episode?

4. May 9th, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Do you know people that would translate, ZZZ?

5. May 9th, 2011 at 7:36 pm

avatar Scab says:

ZZZ, it varies. Please come on IRC (#saizen on Rizon) or email us (saizen.recruits@gmail.com) if you want to discuss this in more detail.

6. May 9th, 2011 at 7:54 pm

avatar ZZZ says:

@ sangofe: well unfortunately no one at my end, infact i myself dont understand japanese or else i wouldn’t have let slam dunk and kabocha wine go to the verge of being stalled/dropped.

7. May 9th, 2011 at 7:58 pm

avatar ZZZ says:

@ scab: well scab i’ll get back to you over that for sure but it’ll take some time

8. May 11th, 2011 at 5:58 am

avatar Anonymous Coward says:

So, what does this “since September” schedule mean for Taisho Baseball Girls?

9. May 11th, 2011 at 5:28 pm

avatar Scab says:

Taisho is not dropped, and very unlikely to get dropped either. 🙂

10. May 11th, 2011 at 10:27 pm

avatar Anonymous Coward says:

That’s good to hear. I’ve been waiting since September…

11. November 19th, 2012 at 3:14 am

avatar Kari says:

is there no hope for this? i’d sell my soul for more subbed kabocha wine…. ;^;

12. November 19th, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Erhm. I don’t know. What’s the deal with this, Scab? I too remember it as a nice little anime.

13. May 20th, 2014 at 3:34 am

avatar Kari says:

sorry to beat a dead horse, but i know Kevo over at ColorMeSubbed was interested in Kabocha. perhaps CMS and Saizen could revive this? i was offering my services to him as an editor/translator, but the current state of my computer makes anything more than watching…..precarious, to say the least. (*is currently booting solely from a CD*)

14. September 9th, 2015 at 11:35 pm

avatar DEB says:

well guys i am making sub this kobocha wine..made till ep 13 ^^ so please wait and help me
    my fb link
    fb.com/debno1.pramanick
    i hope in few month i can finish this whole 95 ep 🙂 so please message me if you want it thank you

15. September 11th, 2015 at 4:33 pm

avatar AMS says:

Uh, well, Scab has been pretty much MIA for almost a year now, so I doubt we’ll do it without him.

Same time, keep pumping out scripts and who knows what might happen. No promises though.

Good luck 🙂

16. September 12th, 2015 at 8:36 am

I’d be personally interested, if it wasn’t for that I’ve got a busy real life, and too many projects at this time.

17. March 2nd, 2018 at 7:39 am

avatar ep777 says:

I literally just discovered this anime yesterday, and I’ve re-watched all 7 episodes like 3 times now, I would love if this could ever be picked up again, and I’d be willing to give any donations if possible to make it happen. It’s so unfair how little attention this anime has, it’s so good…

18. March 2nd, 2018 at 7:15 pm

avatar Saizen says:

Never say never, but there are no plans to pick it up again. It’s hard enough finding any TLs who want to do old stuff, never mind a series with 95 eps.