Captain Tsubasa 1-80 batch

…Think it’s time for a batch yet, after 80 episodes? Mmmyeah, sure, why not! ๐Ÿ˜€

More seriously, 80 episodes means we’re almost 2/3rd through this humongous series! And the first 31 of these are all thanks to Frenchies-subs! A great big thanks goes out to them for getting the ball rolling.

38 Responses to “Captain Tsubasa 1-80 batch”

1. March 13th, 2014 at 10:57 pm

avatar SpiritofHokuto20xx says:

Watched 2 episodes and now I can’t get that theme song out of my head! Dash! Dash! Dash!

2. March 14th, 2014 at 4:57 am

avatar Someone says:

You know what would be an interesting stat, if it could be done:

Logging the number of people who downloaded this torrent in the USA, the last bastion of anti-soccer.

3. March 14th, 2014 at 6:26 am

Well, I’m an American. Do I need to like soccer to follow this anime?

I just remember seeing lots of parodies of the NES game, especially the Touhou ones.

4. March 15th, 2014 at 6:49 pm

avatar DaVince says:

SpiritofHokuto20xx: we’re all victims of that!

Anon: You don’t need to like soccer to like this, but it probably helps. You’ll likely get more of a laugh out of the occasional ridiculousness. ๐Ÿ˜›

5. March 15th, 2014 at 6:59 pm

*checks Sangofe isn’t around*

Yeah, you don’t need to know anything about football for this show because it rarely breaks out into anything that could be considered a proper match – it’s mostly standing around philosophising with a ball at their feet! >.>

*runs away, laughing maniacally*

6. March 16th, 2014 at 4:02 am

avatar konnakude says:

@FalseDawn:
    As a fellow editor I feel that I need to correct you.

You wrote “…itโ€™s mostly standing around philosophising with a ball at their feet!”
    Well, they’re not only standing around with a ball at their feet, they’re dribbling it, passing it, shooting it, and sometimes they’re even lying on the ground, injured.

Though philosophical part was quite correct. ๐Ÿ˜›

7. March 16th, 2014 at 6:53 am

avatar Someone says:

So basically, it’s like Soccer plus Dragon Ball Z, where they talk and take hours to power up and actually fight?

Instead, since it’s soccer, they talk, take 12 hours before they actually shoot the ball at impossible angles and then score?

8. March 16th, 2014 at 12:32 pm

That’s not an unfair assessment ^__^

I actually don’t think I’ve seen a “great” football anime – Giant Killing came pretty close, but was left unresolved and it doesn’t look like a second season’s coming up any time soon ๐Ÿ™

9. March 16th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

You should watch Akakichi no Eleven, that came along ashita no joe in 1970 ^^, I may watch it raw in June/July.

10. March 16th, 2014 at 4:16 pm

avatar Someone says:

I assume Akakichi no 11 was never subbed?

11. March 20th, 2014 at 12:59 am

avatar CP says:

Well, FD, for a non-sports anime fan, Giant Killing came out great. Just very good storytelling ๐Ÿ˜›

12. March 21st, 2014 at 5:48 pm