Ashita no Joe – 60

Yo!
Quite a lot of releases lately, but less of Ashita no Joe. I’d like to go into detail, but let’s just blame all the people whining about when the next episode is gonna get released instead. That’s also why we’ve decided to drop Ashita no Joe. But, since a few more episodes have been translated, we’ve decided to release till episode 79 before we drop the show for real. No hard feelings, right? 😉

Don’t forget to visit Hokuto no Gun.

CCCP icon[Saizen-HnG]_Ashita_no_Joe_-_60_[DVD][88B5F250].mkv
MD5: 16729A4CA6EB4F553D4732456BF077B8

91 Responses to “Ashita no Joe – 60”

1. July 26th, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Tbd, reading the comments that are still left in this thread may unfortunately skew how “nasty” we come across. I’d like to point out that Speedwagon was intentionally trolling and that became clear when he started abusing other people in this thread (not staff members, but fans) – he also couldn’t make up his mind whether he liked AnJ or not, so he was clearly just here to cause drama. I’m afraid you’ll just have to believe me when I say that my in-post edits were entirely justified even if it doesn’t seem as clearcut after the event. We are loathe to delete posts in general, but be assured that in this case, it was necessary for the mental health of our other fans. Your post will not be deleted as we have no issue with feedback, we only take issue with trolls.

As mentioned above, I’ve been around these parts for a long time (I mean, I’ve racked up seven years subbing experience for starters – and this is mild compared to what you got back in 2005/2006) so I know how to spot genuine questions from trolls purposefully fanning the flames. And as I also said above, if we listened to fans/strangers moaning and took them seriously, we’d probably quit subbing altogether. It’s often been said that fansubbing is a thankless task and I think the comments in this newspost only serve to prove that.

As you will notice, I did give Speedwagon time to talk his point through so that he had the opportunity to repent for the frankly insulting question of “When’s the next ep?” which I can understand on something that’s had a significant time between releases and the prospects of it being dropped are somewhat higher, but when something’s just been released in a series that’s always had changeable release times… well, that’s plain ignorance and in my view, the asker of said question should be made aware of that (or rather, they should know this already – it’s called etiquette, it’s not hard).

Our response, though justified, may have come across as more heavy-handed than necessary, but please understand that recently, every post by a fan seems to be a variation on “When’s the next ep?” and this was just the straw that broke the camel’s back (hence the new Rules page). I hope you can see it from our perspective on how it would get a little tiresome repeating the same answer to the same question over and over and over again.

tl;dr We didn’t mean to come across as defensive and insulting (this was never our intention except to those who deserve a kick up the jacksy) and hope that your future visits to this site will find us a more cheery mood.

(Though if you’re looking for maturity, fansub groups really aren’t the place to be seeking it out >.>)

2. July 31st, 2013 at 7:05 am

I think you get maturity points in subbing such a classic period piece like AnJ. Just sayin’

Or any classic anime instead of just whatever is new and having 10 groups fight over subbing it

3. July 31st, 2013 at 7:11 am

Not to mention, sports anime in general tends to be neglected. Mad props for doing shows like AnJ and Tsubasa.

Though, I can’t quite tell if you’re a fan of these shows (AnJ particularly) or are just doing it for the hell of it but whatever I won’t even ask. I just want to say thanks.

4. July 31st, 2013 at 8:18 am

Hahahahaha? Not fan of AnJ? Are you kidding me? We fucking love that show!

5. July 31st, 2013 at 11:02 am

Definitely our best project. That or KKOW. ^_^

6. August 1st, 2013 at 8:54 pm

avatar Mike says:

I got on here when I read that you guys would drop AnJ. After reading through all the blah blah blah, I just want to let you guys know that I appreciate the work that you do. AnJ is a really sublime series. I can’t believe there was story telling like that back in the early 70’s! Take your time and keep doing what you’re doing and please don’t drop it!

7. August 1st, 2013 at 10:12 pm

We’re never dropping it, don’t worry. ^^

8. August 2nd, 2013 at 9:32 am

AnJ invented so many anime tropes its not even funny.
    Indeed way ahead of its time. Sublime is a good way to put it.

9. August 2nd, 2013 at 9:37 am

*edited out by sangofe because this part of the post spoiling the ending of anj* AnJ dared to do things that other manga at the time wouldn’t even dare. I am not surprised at how the Japanese were so blown away by it all.

10. August 2nd, 2013 at 8:56 pm

avatar Mike says:

Thank goodness that you guys are not dropping it, that would have been a huge downer. I grew up watching classic cartoons like Speed Racer, Scooby Doo, and Transformers to name a few. As I grew up, I graduated to anime and fell in love with the more complex storylines that imo are better than most live action media, television or movies. I first heard of AnJ through the Hajime no Ippo forums. I thought HnI was the s**t when I was done with it and I wasn’t expecting much from AnJ so imagine how surprised and engrossed I was with the first episode. The grittiness of the hand drawn animation, the art style, the voice acting, the mood of the setting, Joe’s iconic whistle, the subject matter, and the violence, OOH the violence! Tange captures alcoholism perfectly, and is pretty much a helpless old man and when he gets on Joe’s nerves, Joe kicks his cane out from under him and knees him in the gut! I was like “Are you serious”! All this in the first episode alone. Mind you that this series was made at the same time as Superfriends! So much more happens in the story, it’s ridiculous. Once again, I want to thank the team at Saizen Fansubs for their accurate subs and for bringing this series to me and all other hardcore anime and AnJ fans.

11. August 3rd, 2013 at 12:44 am

I’m afraid I might have posted “can’t wait to see more of AnJ” and such once or twice in the comments (but only on Joe-related posts). I would just like to apologize, in case you consider that kind of comment annoying or stressful. That was never my intention.

On another note, the brawl at the end of this episode was really satisfying to watch!

12. August 3rd, 2013 at 7:55 am

I wasn’t intending to spoiler. I thought by this episode people would know, as Joe is still recovering from “that.”

Sorry.

13. August 3rd, 2013 at 10:38 am

You have my everlasting gratitude for translating AnJ! Whenever I watch an episode I get very excited, and extremely happy =)
    I have watched a dubbed version of AnJ 2 when I was a little kid; the first season was sadly not dubbed for some reason.

Thank you again for the outstanding effort, and passion!

14. August 3rd, 2013 at 3:24 pm

AnJ 2 was dubbed in english, or are you talking about the french dub?

15. August 4th, 2013 at 12:15 am

avatar berantle says:

It’s good to see there are people appreciating the show. Fansubbing of this show has come a long way. Proposed this show (and offering the DVD rips) many years back to Saizen when they were still doing Hungry Heart Wild Striker. The many trials and tribulations fansubbing this show has taken would have killed off subbing it if not for the love of the show by Saizen staff. My hats off to Juggen, sangofe, and many others in Saizen for working on this.

16. August 4th, 2013 at 11:27 am

I have only watched the dubbed second season when I was a kid; it was dubbed in French (Sorry for the misunderstanding).