Captain Tsubasa (2002) – 50-52

Well… This is it! The moment you’ve all been waiting for since September 11, 2012: the release of the final three episodes of “Captain Tsubasa: Road to 2002! It’s been a long time coming, but I did what I set out to do when I took over the editing duties of this series last year. I finished it – with help, of course! As the picture I selected for this post suggests, the successful completion of this series couldn’t have been done without team work! Therefore, this final release post wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the names of all the people who have worked hard to bring you CT2002, so……. let the credits roll!!

First, I’ll begin with the core group of people (the CT2002 team) who have worked tirelessly to bring you this series. Then, I’ll mention those who filled in when they heard that the Team needed additional assistance for various reasons.

CT2002 Team

Encoder: Edward_K

Translators: sangofe, 8thSin

TLC: kokujin-kun

Timer: positron

Editor: Torianna

QC Team: Kaiser, kokujin-kun, Reed, sangofe, Tvo

Typesetters: Juggen, TheDeath, kokujin-kun

I want to give special thanks to those QCers with knowledge of football… er… soccer…. because they were able to give me the proper terminology to use and helped keep the Commentators’ comments authentic.  In addition, special thanks go to sangofe (for his patience with me) and kokujin-kun (for walking me through most of the “technical difficulties” I confronted throughout this series — and there were a lot of them!)  Thanks, guys!  Couldn’t have done it without y’all!!

So, as they say on American Idol, The X Factor and other similar television programs:

“Give it up for the CT2002 Team”

They’re awesome!

Now it’s time for those people who filled in when the CT2002 Team needed additional help for whatever reason. All of these people worked on random episodes at some point during the time Saizen Fansubs was releasing Captain Tsubasa: Road to 2002.  Here’s the list of other people who’ve assisted with this project:

Juggen (QC)

Kazuki (QC)

Kohn (TLC)

Lily (Editing)

Nicolai (Timing)

PharaohAnubis (Encoding)

Rosti (QC)

Sportsrmyname (QC)

Takahashi-Keisuke (QC)

Ulquyorra (QC)

Uska (Editing and Typesetting)

Yahzee (QC)

Zef (TLC)

Well… That’s quite a list, but I’m sure there were others that I’m forgetting – especially since so many groups have worked on this series. Here’s a list of these groups from start to finish:

Infusion (Episodes 1-12)

Saizen & SD Project (Episodes 13-19)

Saizen (Episodes 20-26)

Saizen & SHS (Episodes 27-52)

Note: Since so much time has passed since the first episode was released, time may not have been good to us – as far as remembering all of the names that should be included in this release post. So, please forgive me if I inadvertently left out someone. Feel free to send me any names of those who weren’t mentioned but should have been.

On behalf of the entire CT2002 Team (past and present), I want to thank you for sticking with us for our releases of Captain Tsubasa: Road to 2002. I hope you’ve enjoyed this series AND the other Tsubasa releases (Captain Tsubasa J and a couple of movies) that we’ve had during lulls in the CT2002 releases.

Speaking of movies, I hear that there’s at least one more movie in the works, and it’s about “The Junior World Cup”, an event that’s been mentioned in CT2002.  So… keep checking back for its release date.

Now, you may download and enjoy the three remaining episodes in this series. Heck! Why not enjoy a CT2002 Marathon! Might be enjoyable since I hear the Japanese “football” (I’m tired of using “soccer” to refer to this sport) players have been seeing some action in recent days. I know Chelsea FC (from the British Premier League) has played a match or two in Japan within the past week. Anyway… I’m now rambling, so I’ll close this – the very last – release post for Captain Tsubasa: Road to 2002. I’ve really enjoyed myself while working on this project. Sad to see it end, but happy that it’s finally finished! Enjoy!!

18 Responses to “Captain Tsubasa (2002) – 50-52”

1. December 19th, 2012 at 1:04 pm

avatar Ser3 says:

this is awesome! thank you all so much^^
    now it would’ve been great if someone releases a batch with the entire series =P

2. December 19th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

avatar Evil Hero says:

will u continue the original captain tsubasa series where frenchies subs left off??

3. December 19th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

avatar JX91 says:

I wanted to thank you and much to everyone, but I’d still like to see the episode from 1-12 done by you, would be great, besides the project be done only by you would still be able to cast a batch, and I appreciate the effort and hard work of all who were named in the list, thank you guys!!!

4. December 19th, 2012 at 2:15 pm

avatar Kaiser says:

Actually Frenchies-Subs never worked on this series. They worked on the original Captain Tsubasa series and Shin Captain Tsubasa. All the episodes 1-12 were done by Infusion.

Frenchies-Subs should continue their project in a couple of months, I don’t think we have plans to do that anyway. And I don’t think we’ll do episodes 1-12 of this series as well.

Anyway, I’m really happy that I had chance to work on this project though I wasn’t able to work on some periods. I want to thank everyone who worked on and realized this project.

5. December 19th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

As Kaiser said, Torianna made an error with the news post regarding who subbed episodes 1-12. This has been a project full of ups and downs, and in the end it was hard to get people motivated to QC, but we finished it, and I’m very happy about that. When I started to translate, I didn’t even know if we could start this project. In honesty, I just decided on my own to start translating and hoped we could get a team. At times things were going really well with this project, and other times not so well.

As for a batch we have certain episodes we’d like to do v2’s for, however, we don’t have time or energy finding which ones since we never kept a log of it, so it won’t be anytime soon.

6. December 19th, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I’ll make a batch whenever that time comes. ^^

7. December 19th, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Thanks guys for the great work all the time, it’s a great feeling to watch anime subbed by you Saizen, I really mean it there, thanks to shinsen-subs and all previous groups too ^__^

8. December 20th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

avatar Ole says:

Thank you for your whole 2 years effort to finish this fabulous series guys (Saizen, SHS, SD Project and Infusion).

9. December 22nd, 2012 at 12:25 pm

avatar CompanyLagoon says:

Many thanks to Saizen for bringing us CT2002 as well as 2 of the movies.

If only you guys had taken the original series before Frenchies.

10. December 22nd, 2012 at 1:31 pm

You are welcome.

11. January 25th, 2013 at 3:33 pm

avatar mika says:

this is so great! thank you so much for pulling this project till the end!!!<3

12. March 23rd, 2013 at 4:32 am

avatar Reydson says:

Hi, thanks for bringing us this great anime.
    I live in Brazil and I was thinking about translating it into brazilian portuguese, but I can’t find the raws. Can you please tell me where can I find the raws so I can start a brazilian portuguese translation of this anime.

13. March 23rd, 2013 at 6:00 pm

14. March 29th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

avatar aris says:

do you have srt files for the subs?

15. March 29th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

no, but you can extract the .ass filse from the mkv’s.

16. May 13th, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Huacho

17. June 10th, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Huacho Si

18. June 11th, 2013 at 2:49 pm

What are you trying to say?