Laughing Salesman – 1-2

This is a project one of our translators had wanted to do since she
joined. And when live-evil started it, I saw an opportunity in doing a joint with them on it. This will be no means mean a fast project: you’re warned, it’s a side project, and there’s absolutely no guarantee we’ll do all the episodes. And we might release them out of order. Having said that, we still enjoy this a lot, but we have a lot of other things going on.

PS! We have revised episode 1 with more QC, and real typesetting.

PPS! What do you guys think of the joint tag :P?

Edit: For some very strange reason, we managed to call the file names “Warau” Salesman, instead of “Laughing Salesman” like we typeset the title to be… (Thank you mamo-chan!)  And mr. Juggen edited the post quietly without telling anyone. I noticed this just now… It’ll have to be fixed soon…

[Evil-Saizen]_Laughing_Salesman_01v2_[DVD][8E14FC93].mkv : f5f9e7249ff9fa3b5822c03a38d8f46b
[Evil-Saizen]_Laughing_Salesman_02v2_[DVD][6E1337B3].mkv : 094f924ee7ac1ca975b04c71d7279b61
[Evil-Saizen]_Laughing_Salesman_03v2_[DVD][E318892B].mkv: a803875077cace24138b4f3d38119d5b
[Evil-Saizen]_Laughing_Salesman_04_[DVD][9C957C2E].mkv: f7dae200026ce276c4a73c7ba1a0adb0

15 Responses to “Laughing Salesman – 1-2”

1. December 2nd, 2013 at 12:08 pm

avatar Eternal_Blizzard says:

Yay, another awesome release. And the joint name is badass, thank you based Saizen and L-E.

2. December 2nd, 2013 at 1:42 pm

avatar tenkenX6 says:

Yeah, the joint name is indeed badass. Also, the salesman’s Cheshire cat smile is badass, too. 😀

3. December 2nd, 2013 at 2:18 pm

avatar ninja-without-pc says:

I like the tag 🙂
    Thanks for doing another laughing ep 😀

4. December 2nd, 2013 at 2:25 pm

avatar konnakude says:

[Evil-Saizen] indeed! Lol…

Thank you so much Onibaba and everyone else who works on this series! 😀

5. December 2nd, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Yeah, I hope you take the time to watch these, konna 🙂

6. December 2nd, 2013 at 3:11 pm

avatar srt says:

thanks to saizen and live-evil

7. December 2nd, 2013 at 7:07 pm

avatar zegond says:

wow nice seeing it out !!!

8. December 3rd, 2013 at 2:45 am

avatar Joe H says:

I love these sorts of oldies, and this one in particular looks pretty unique and enjoyable. I’ll comment more once I actually see it.

I mean, just look at that salesman’s expression! I’m going to start watching this just to see more of him and what his voice sounds like.

Live-Evil is one of my top fansub groups, so the news of the partnership is quite welcome.

9. December 3rd, 2013 at 4:50 am

avatar Joe H says:

Having watched them, they definitely seem like they were part of an adult animation slot, given the subject manner and their 10 minute runtime. These shorts also have a bit of an avante-garde appeal in their strong direction and set-ups. It kind of reminds me of the sort of animation that was very popular in the 70s in the Western animation industry, with very adult sensibilities.

While his appearance hinted at it, the “salesman” is pretty obviously an allusion to the devil. Not so much in the Christian sense, but the living embodiment of temptation and sin, somewhat of a trickster that promises a quick and easy (and free) solution to everyday real life problems while really just setting them up for ruination through his own amusement.

The show does a very good job balancing the salesman’s comic and sinister side — having a creepy otherworldly presence, yet given enough of a human demeanor to be believably persuasive, yet also not being played off too petty or comedic for laughs like in the old movie “Bedazzled” with Dudley Moore (though that one was very good as a comedy).

To sum it up, I hope we get much more of this series.

10. December 3rd, 2013 at 10:44 am

That was a deep analysis indeed. ^^

11. December 9th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Um, I updated the initial post… Next filenames will have “Laughing Salesman” like supposed to… No idea how we managed calling them “Warau Salesman” >_>

12. December 12th, 2013 at 10:17 pm

avatar Tempslip3 says:

Really enjoyed these first two eps. And I agree, LE is a great partner. They’ve continued to give Leiji Matsumoto the credit he so richly deserves by bringing his series to the non Japanese speaking audience so that they can also appreciate his talent. Looking forward to your next release.

13. November 27th, 2017 at 1:44 pm

avatar Crocuta says:

I would like to help, please email me

14. November 27th, 2017 at 1:45 pm

avatar Crocuta says:

I left my email address in this message

15. December 3rd, 2017 at 3:10 am

avatar tenkenX6 says:

@Crocuta: Not sure if you got in touch with any one of the Saizen staff members, but trying going on to IRC and going to either the #saizen^recruits or #saizen channel on the Rizon server. When you get there, try messaging an OP(someone with an “@” symbol by their nick name) and let them know you’re interested in joining/helping out.