Captain Tsubasa – 60

This game between Nankatsu and Otomo seems like it can get interesting, and our team’s on fire thanks to the new quality checkers who joined, and kaiser who decided to come back πŸ™‚

P.S We chose to use a dual audio track for this episode: the main track is the Japanese track from the new Italian dvds, and the second is the Japanese track from the French DVDs. We’ll probably be only using the source from the Italian dvds for episodes 61+. The reason we chose to include both is that they each have their good and bad sides when it comes to quality.

CCCP icon[Saizen]_Captain_Tsubasa_-_60_[DVD][CA926B96].mkv
MD5: 57d9965dc852eb8ecddfadc8ca3cab9a

43 Responses to “Captain Tsubasa – 60”

1. November 14th, 2013 at 11:21 am

avatar Johnny says:

That’s a good idea: 2 seeds are better than one.

2. November 14th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

By the way, do you speak Japanese, Shankman? If so, would you be interested in helping translating Captain Tsubasa?

3. November 15th, 2013 at 12:29 am

avatar Shankman says:

Replied to your email Sangofe.
    Unfortunately no Japanese… I bought the box set a couple of years ago in Japan as a collectors thing and also at the time it didn’t seem like Frenchies subs were going to ever finish the project.
    I was going to use it as a catalyst to learn.

4. November 16th, 2013 at 1:40 am

avatar DaVince says:
  5. November 16th, 2013 at 5:40 am

avatar konnakude says:

Don’t listen to DaVince. He uses the pic from the wrong episode, where I described my feelings after editing 2 Captain Tsubasa episodes a week for 4 months in a row! πŸ˜›

6. November 16th, 2013 at 7:24 am

avatar Hiei- says:

@shankman : Well, leaving your editor job on the project without saying nothing to anyone didn’t helped the team, as everybody did that sooner or later.

The only serious guy in the editor team was SantaBla and so, we decided to stop when real life got it too busy.

In a perfect world, we wouldn’t even need to do the projects for a foreign(s) country/countries.

At the time when the project started, no team cared about Tsubasa and I’m still wondering if the project would have appeared here one day without the first 30 episodes already done (and because meanwhile, french dvds got released and it’s what is actually used for the translation. When Frenchies-subs started, there were no french dvds so it was either translating from japanese or nothing).

But I’m glad to see the project restarted here anyway πŸ™‚

7. November 16th, 2013 at 7:28 am

avatar Hiei- says:

Ah, no edit on the comments option :/

As I said in some previous comments, we can also see this team also have, more or less, the same problem we got. Lack of editors to do the job fine and quick (which seems to be why some episodes has been released under the “speedsub” label).

Seems not a lot of people are interested in work on the anime, so nothing can really be done about that. Maybe most fansubbers prefer to do the same series (some series are sometimes done by five teams) or just rip crunchyroll subs instead of using their time in a more efficient way πŸ™

8. November 16th, 2013 at 12:50 pm

avatar konnakude says:

@Hiei: “As I said in some previous comments, we can also see this team also have, more or less, the same problem we got. Lack of editors to do the job fine and quick (which seems to be why some episodes has been released under the β€œspeedsub” label).”

Honestly, I don’t understand why do you still want to emphasize “lack of editors” as I’ve been a steady editor for Captain Tsubasa since August and don’t have any thought to quit, even after editing 2 episodes a week. We are actually soon at the half of the series with ep 64. You should read sangofe’s announcement about Saizen-Speedsubs and why it was created. I fully understand your sadness that you couldn’t finish the project but you can’t think that our team suffers from the same problems.

And 2 episodes for this week are already edited and just waiting for QC to reach the viewers. And more are to come! πŸ˜€

PS. And I even put this smiley up πŸ˜› to show that I was kidding…

9. November 16th, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Yeah, Hiei, we’re not lacking an editor, we’re lacking fast quality checkers, but hey, that’s life, at least they do their job properly, so prop to them.

10. November 16th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

avatar konnakude says:

@Hiei: “…because meanwhile, french dvds got released and it’s what is actually used for the translation. When Frenchies-subs started, there were no french dvds so it was either translating from japanese or nothing”

Heh, I missed it the first time when I answered, so I want to clarify that in the beginning of the project that was true, but not since August. We have actually 3 (!) translators working on the series and who translate from Japanese to English. Plus, one member in our team bought the Italian DVDs that have much better audio quality than the French ones.

So, no French is involved in the process. πŸ˜›

11. November 16th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

avatar ninja-without-pc says:

lol…

Hiei- … I really should thank you for starting this anime, I don’t consider your work was a waste .. thanks for what you did and we’re proud to continue this awesome anime too ^__^

12. November 16th, 2013 at 10:16 pm

avatar Hiei- says:

Oh, I never thought it was a waste. It was just to put things in context.

It’s also the same here, seems lots of people are interested in watching the animes but not a lot of people seems to be interested to help in subbing the anime πŸ™‚

13. November 16th, 2013 at 10:24 pm

avatar Hiei- says:

@konnakude : According to sangofe (just check my irc logs to be sure), the french sub was involving in the process in the beginning as he was the translator of the series (fr=>us), but it might have changed later?

That’s not a problem anyway, as long as it’s subbed, it better be subbed from any language that not subbed at all πŸ™‚

The last episodes of Frenchies-Subs were the same anyway, when Santabla did the translation, and I was just checking after to spare some time.

14. November 22nd, 2013 at 11:27 am

Yes, that changed. Although a couple of episodes (54, 56) did get translated by me, with tl checking afterwards.

15. November 26th, 2013 at 12:15 am

avatar Shankman says:

I’ve just started to use imgburn(ass suggested) to create the ISO files, It gave me a warning about not being able to create ISO from copy protected disks.
    I clicked continue anyway, however during the ISO creation it fails with “read of scramble sector without authentication” errors.

So looks like I’ll need to use other software that can bypass the copy protection.

Any suggestions?

16. November 26th, 2013 at 2:29 am

avatar Shankman says:

Don’t worry, doing some googling now. I’ll figure it out I’m sure.

17. November 26th, 2013 at 3:25 am

avatar Shankman says:

Figured it out.
    Creating ISOs now.
    Will contact badskater once done and send him the ISOs

18. November 26th, 2013 at 11:51 am

avatar Johnny says:

Good news!
    Otherwise, dvddecrypter is a good tool too.^^