Captain Tsubasa – 44

Here’s one more Captain Tsubasa episode for you, but after episode 45, we don’t have more episodes ready for editing, so please, join us, dear translation checker! Another quality checker would be good, too πŸ™‚

23 Responses to “Captain Tsubasa – 44”

1. September 2nd, 2013 at 1:11 am

avatar Captain says:

thanks sangofe-san

2. September 2nd, 2013 at 7:57 am

You’re welcome, but do remember that this is a team effort, so thank the team πŸ˜‰

3. September 2nd, 2013 at 10:45 am

avatar Sendo says:

I wonder why Captain Tsubasa has a great deal of trouble getting subbed? I appreciate Saizen a lot for doing this despite having already gone through (more or less) the same material in the 2002 series, but it seems wherever this show goes, there’s trouble having it done smoothly.

The reason I worry is because once this arc is over, they might decide to hell with season 2.

Either way. Thanks a lot Saizen, you guys rock!

4. September 2nd, 2013 at 3:39 pm

avatar Tsubasa says:

thank you again !

5. September 2nd, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I can only speak my own opinion, but I find the show quite shitty, so I can’t understand why it has so many fans. πŸ™‚ Not many that hasn’t grown up with Tsubasa, seem to like it.

Also, most old series aren’t as appreciated as the new ones, and we’ve had trouble throughout the years of getting people subbing various projects. We started Ashita no Joe in what… 2007? ^_^

6. September 2nd, 2013 at 4:44 pm

We have already translated season 2, so there is nothing to worry about.

7. September 2nd, 2013 at 8:33 pm

We have what?

8. September 2nd, 2013 at 8:40 pm

That screenshot looks painful.
    I actually need to start watching this show.

9. September 2nd, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Uh, not all of season 2, but we’ve got 3, almost 4 episodes of season two translated.

10. September 3rd, 2013 at 11:54 am

lol, Tsubasa is the second most important project I have in Saizen…after Ashita no Joe of course ^__^

11. September 3rd, 2013 at 12:45 pm

avatar konnakude says:

Way to go, ninjacloud! πŸ˜€

12. September 3rd, 2013 at 2:26 pm

avatar srt says:

Thanks, Great Anime

13. September 3rd, 2013 at 5:24 pm

avatar Sendo says:

When you say ‘Season 2’ do you mean when Tsubasa goes to high school (I think) and we see Tsubasa VS Hyuga 3 or do you mean Captain Tsubasa J? J didn’t cover Nankatsu VS Toho.

The CT series reboots have a really crappy habit of wasting its episode count repeating Tsubasa’s younger days and then use up what few episodes are left to cover new material. I don’t think the change in animation style is enough to justify that.

14. September 4th, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Season two’s from episode 56 of Captain Tsubasa and up, after the final between Meiwa and Nankatsu.

15. September 5th, 2013 at 6:46 am

avatar Yamato says:

Season 2 πŸ˜€ thank you saizen πŸ™‚

16. September 11th, 2013 at 9:09 pm

avatar DaVince says:

“I wonder why Captain Tsubasa has a great deal of trouble getting subbed?”

Lack of interest. This series is… quite something. Heck, I only quality check it because of the unintentionally funny moments. (That, and the people I work with are really nice.)

Juggen: nostalgia can do a lot to peoples’ judgement… πŸ˜›

17. September 11th, 2013 at 9:25 pm

If you like DBZ and football, this is great.

18. September 12th, 2013 at 2:10 pm

avatar Shankman says:

Well said Sangofe.
    Or if you like Initial D and Football.

19. September 12th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

avatar konnakude says:

Huh, I’m a current editor for Tsubasa series and I don’t get it why people think it “has a great deal of trouble getting subbed”? We have a lot of episodes translated + I’m editng 2 episodes a week, so those 2 episodes are released on a weekly basis. The only wish of all of us who work on this series is to secure a quality of our releases. We had to make some adjustments and started to release Tsubasa under Saizen-Speedsubs label. But the only thing that’s missing right now is one extra QC, though we’ve been releasing without him/her all the time.

And it is exactly as DaVince says, I also really enjoy working with this awesome team + DaVince is my favorite QC, lol.

20. September 14th, 2013 at 5:50 pm

avatar Otase says:

What the hell is DaVince saying?
    Captain Tsubasa is the only releases i have seen lately,
    Miyuki been more than 1 month since i last saw an episode
    he calls 2 episodes a week lack of interest?
    someone put logic into this guy lol…

Btw i have dropped Miyuki,
    i might be dead once Miyuki is completly subbed xD

21. September 15th, 2013 at 12:13 am

avatar DaVince says:

Otase, “I wonder why Captain Tsubasa has a great deal of trouble getting subbed?” was a comment Sendo made earlier. I was replying to it.

His/her comment was not about the amount of releases you see here.

Rather, in this case, “Lack of interest” means “not many people want to work on this sub in general”. With Saizen, we have a fixed team working on this with dedication, but we ARE short on staff to get it up to full Saizen quality. That’s the kind of “trouble” that’s being talked about (and also the reasons these releases happen so quickly! ;)).

22. September 15th, 2013 at 12:38 am

avatar Otase says:

Ah i see, good luck on that then xD

23. September 15th, 2013 at 10:36 am

Otase: why do you feel the need to say that you “dropped” Miyuki? Do you think it is nesscary to tell us? It is your choice what you watch, and frankly, we don’t care. But, it is more than likely that the project will be completed as it has been fully translated.