Ashita no Joe – 57

Yo!
Time for some more AnJ!
Finally Joe is back to boxing and fully recovered… or is he? ^^
Also, what’s up with the domain being experied for some, but not me? >_>

Don’t forget to visit Hokuto no Gun.

CCCP icon[Saizen-HnG]_Ashita_no_Joe_-_57_[DVD][525DD319].mkv
MD5: 9BCA72C4F2A0261647866D7EDFC746AB

20 Responses to “Ashita no Joe – 57”

1. May 10th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Oh thanks Saizen for this release. thanks to Hokuto no Gun too, I can say we’re awesome combination especially for this anime ^__^

2. May 10th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Yeah, now it works again here, but didn’t for Mendinso… Strange.

3. May 10th, 2013 at 9:25 pm

avatar Chyll Will says:

Glad to see you guys are back in stride; I was worried we might not see another episode again. Which begs the question, are you guys the only ones in the entire websphere or human world for that matter who are transcribing this series? It’s a remarkable story and other sites that post episodes seem to be getting them exclusively from you (they never update until after you have).

I’m very curious about why there’s been so little support to bring this series to English-speaking parts of the world, because I for one definitely have a very high regard for this series and your efforts here. I’ve accepted that it takes a long time to transcribe and time each episode and I wish I had the skills to help quicken the process, but I support your effort and please, let us know if the site’s about to expire again and you need help with that or something! >;)

4. May 11th, 2013 at 12:47 am

There’s very little love among fansubbers for shows from the 70s. Just finding a willing translator is hard enough by itself!

5. May 11th, 2013 at 1:40 am

Short story: People don’t wanna work on older shows. They look bad, sources are bad etc. There’s also a shortage of translators, and they typically prefer to work on newer shows.

Afaik, we’re the only ones doing Ashita no Joe. We do however, plan to stick with it till the very end. ^^

6. May 11th, 2013 at 8:44 am

avatar Caboose says:

Just an FYI: I love this show, and you guys are fantastic for doing it……older stuff really doesn’t get the appreciation it deserves.

Hell, this is what made modern sports shows like Hajime no Ippo possible. :3

7. May 11th, 2013 at 11:23 am

We don’t “transcribing this series”… Someone translates it, times, edits the translations, typeset, encode the video, and quality check it all… It’s much more than “transcribing dialogue”…

8. May 11th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

avatar John says:

Keep up with the splendid work, kind sirs. You guys, just like Joe, are amazing.

9. May 12th, 2013 at 5:22 am

avatar Chyll Will says:

Don’t read that much into “transcribing the series”; no offense meant for lack of a better term at the time. I do understand, being a cog in the film industry, that lots and lots of work goes into each phase of production, and especially with post-production work like this. It’s long and difficult, especially when you can’t get the support you need because of people’s petty biases.

I appreciate all involved in the process, and maybe I don’t understand the lack of respect for older series like this because I look at it for the whole as opposed to what “looks cool”. I have a friend and fellow film crewmember who I’ve been trying to encourage to follow this series and he keeps balking at the visual aspect as though that makes it unreasonable to watch. There are plenty of scenes and shots that would not be out of place in today’s visual storytelling style, if not the graphics themselves. Perhaps even a few stills would be at home in MoMA. But hey, that’s my opinion, everyone’s entitled to theirs.

We English-speakers are certainly privileged to be able to follow such a great story and I’ll continue to watch until the end, For my part I’ve been spreading the word to others about it. Don’t assume I’m taking this for granted, please; far from it. If I had the money I’d fund the effort to have it done ASAP, not unlike you all. It’s blows my mind that you have those particular problems with people unwilling to support the effort because of their bias to older series. Where would any of their favorites be without series like these? o_O

10. May 12th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Ah, it’s the same with everything. Everyone looks towards new stuff and forget about the old. I mean, how many people go out of their way to watch really good old movies? Not many. It’s all about the snazzy new blockbusters. That’s how the masses like their stuff – brand new and shiny.

But don’t worry, we’ve seen another way ^__^

11. May 14th, 2013 at 4:32 am

thank you guys a lot , wish it would come out faster but thanks.

12. May 14th, 2013 at 9:25 am

avatar Re says:

thanks

13. May 14th, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Looking at how the life situation of certain staff on that project is, I predict slower releases.

14. May 29th, 2013 at 7:59 pm

avatar Drugster says:

Guys; I know that I’m too late, but this episode’s sound is really low.. But anyway thanks for this episode!

15. May 29th, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Indeed it is. I don’t think we will actually fix this though, but will try to notice on future episodes. You can either turn up the volume or enable the normalize option in the audio settings if using MPC.

16. May 29th, 2013 at 9:45 pm

avatar Drugster says:

I have the solution I can upload the fixed audio if you want.

17. May 29th, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Being?

18. May 29th, 2013 at 11:45 pm

avatar Drugster says:

http://www.mediafire.com/?autqxj0bbv88r07 here is the fixed audio, you could merge it in the mkv and it’s done!

19. May 29th, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I’m wondering what you did?

20. May 29th, 2013 at 11:57 pm

avatar Drugster says:

When you heard it you can tekk the difference 😉