Tezuka Osamu’s Buddha – 01 (BD)

Prince of Tennis - Movie (2011)

Yo!
Was hoping to get FalseDawn write you one of those awesome news posts, but it seems like you’ll have to do with my shitty one. ^^

So we started another joint with our friends over at Ruri… quite a while ago actually, as by Saizen standards. lol j/k

Anyways, this is gonna be a movie triology, but there is very little information on the remaining movies, except for the second movie to be in cinemas next winter.

The movie trilogy will be an adaption of the late Tezuka Osamu’s manga, Buddha. (Seriously, didn’t need a genius to figure that one out, did it? ^^) The first movie features the life of the young prince Siddhartha, who will later be known as Buddha “the Enlightened One,” the founder of Buddhism.

We chose to work with the raw provided by QTS, which looks really damn good if you ask me. Other than that, expect the same high quality you’re used to be getting from yours truly. πŸ˜‰

12 Responses to “Tezuka Osamu’s Buddha – 01 (BD)”

1. April 27th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

110 minutes of Saizen work !!, that’s so unique πŸ˜›
    Thanks Ruri-Saizen for your help, it’s good that I didn’t watch previous releases of this movie, and I am sure your release is da best πŸ˜€

2. April 28th, 2013 at 4:00 am

avatar Jian says:

Thanks! I totally appreciate it!

3. May 11th, 2013 at 11:07 pm

avatar DaVince says:

Thanks, Saizen, Ruri! I’ve been meaning to get into the series, but buying those big books costs a bit, so this is a nice starting point. πŸ™‚

4. May 12th, 2013 at 2:47 am

Just for reference, while the plot is similar to the manga, the anime version is nowhere near as funny. I did a little research by reading some of the translated manga and laughed my ass off. No ass-removing laughter was had during viewing this movie, however.

5. May 12th, 2013 at 12:46 pm

“Ass-removing” ^^ But yeah, this movie is mostly tragic.

6. May 13th, 2013 at 9:26 am

Tragic in a good way I’d say. Probably more close to the real story of Buddha than the manga is.

7. July 21st, 2015 at 8:56 pm

avatar teo says:

Guys are u gonna do the Tezuka Osamu no Buddha: Owarinaki Tabi(Buddha 2)? we looking forward for it.! xD

8. July 21st, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Yeah, but we gonna finish Beast Saga first probably.

9. July 22nd, 2015 at 2:14 am

avatar Kuroiryuu says:

As Juggen said, we’re gonna finish Beast Saga first. For the most part, the same team behind Beast Saga is the same team behind Buddha.

10. July 22nd, 2015 at 2:28 am

We do plan to do it, but the project team (and me in particular) are trying to finish off a few bits before going hell for leather at it. It will be done, though, at some point between the near and distant future πŸ˜€

11. July 22nd, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Three replies, stating pretty much the same thing. Not sure if enough, can someone get convex, please? We need to get the message across! πŸ˜€

12. July 23rd, 2015 at 3:55 pm

avatar Redplayer3 says:

thank you for the response guys! xD(I’M TEO who asked…)